Sunday, July 31, 2011

Echo results

July has been a wonderful month, full of fantastic weather, fun with the family and all in good health. 
 
Gavin had his second echo July 28th and so far so good. There has been no change in the pressure of his right ventricle. The stent  still seems to be doing its job.  Thankfully, they were able to use an anti anxiety medicine rather than fully sedating him, which makes it easier of the little fella. Although, next time I wish they would tell us so we can feed him instead of stopping his intake altogether.  


His cardiologist wants to see him again in 4 months but something is telling me to take him back sooner. I can't explain it, maybe I am just paranoid but when he said 4 months, I said "naaahhh aaahhhh", his grinned and said should we try another time frame then. Well, we agreed on 3 months but that is when we are expecting Sir. Owen, (baby #2) so we got 4 months, that puts us to the 29th of Nov.  I really struggled with that all day and afternoon, it wasn't settling right. Justin and I agreed to just have them schedule it for the end of September instead. The concern we have is that the stent is only good for so long. The window they give us is so extremely open ended that it really doesn't tell us much other than we need to have him checked frequently.  They said it can last anywhere from 6 months to 2-3 years. Really? What are we suppose to do with that time frame. Don't get me wrong, we don't worry constantly, we treat Gavin as if he were a typical child. I mean he is healthy as can be right now. 

My biggest fear is missing "it" and having him suffer until we put two and two together again. With all of that fear though, something tells me that its more than just me. Yes maybe God is telling me to bring him in a little sooner, the doctor was being a little over confident. However, something is telling me the enemy is sneaking horrible, guilt ridden fear inside of me again and I simply can't allow that. I don't have room for that! My prayer is that the fear and guilt of us almost missing Gavin's heart failure the first time leaves me and I am not inflicted with that fear and feeling any longer.
Gavin is the most beautiful, amazing joy in our lives and we cherish him dearly.  God has used this whole experience to bring Justin and I closer to him. God has also brought so many wonderful people into our lives over the past year. From families who have children with a CHD, organizations for CHD, the wonderful U of M staff, our church family, the Quilts of Compassion Ministry,  people we meet randomly who have been affected in one way or another by CHD, each and everyone of them has made such a beautiful impact on our lives that we are left with feeling so blessed and loved. 

Well, this post has gone way of course of the echo results but I guess there were just a few things I needed to let out.  Hey little news is better than long winded, terminology packed news. ;)

God bless you and thank you so much for visiting Gavin's page. 
xoxo

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Gavin is an amazing courageous, strong and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and i love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com