Monday, June 13, 2011

No Surgery, just yet!

Gavin was scheduled for his stent procedure and heart surgery (if needed) for June 10th. We took him in for his stent procedure at 7am and by 10:30am we were told the operating room was cancelled and that the cardiologist and surgeon were happy with the stent placement and its effectiveness on his right ventricle pressure so we are holding off on his surgery.  The stent could last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I know what a window that leaves us. The surgeon said if Gavin gets 6 months out of it, she will take it! Gavin is going through a huge growth spurt right now (if you have seen him lately you would agree!) and in 6 months she is confident that she could place a good sized conduit which is the main goal to limit the number of surgeries he will have.