Saturday, September 25, 2010

"It's been a while" Lot's to Update

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, when there's nothing remarkable happening, posting doesn't enter my mind. Gavin has been doing remarkably
His last pediatrician appointment 2 weeks ago, he weighted in at 13.3 lbs.
The cardiologist wants him to gain more, still keeping him on 24 cal.  I went back to measuring out each bottle rather than scooping (which I so miss the convenience but I just hate the "guesstimating" His cardiologist took him off his diuretics, to help with his weight gain.  All he's left on is his Prevacid  (which is working beautifully for his reflux ) and his multivitamin! Can't complain about any of that. I really can't complain at all. No signs of seizure activity. BONUS!!!

I was pretty sick for a week straight, Justin, my mother and mother in-law really helped with Gavin. During that week, Gavin held his bottle for the first time.  A week later, he discovered his voice, while watching Wipe Out on ABC, screaming at the television, I'm not sure if he was screaming at bad television or stupid human tricks, but it sure was amusing. Later that week, he decided to roll over from his stomach to his back. Just the other day he rolled from his back to his stomach, all of which I did not see.  He has even been sleeping in his crib for the last week, which has been going really well.  (fingers crossed)

Justin and I are participating in the "Big House, Big Heart" 5k run, October 3rd.  http://www.thebighousebigheart.com/ The event is raising money for the CS Mott's childrens' hospital.  We've joined the "It's My Heart" team, to raise money for the Detroit chapter. We started collecting donations for the Detroit Chapter. http://imhwalkforchd.kintera.org/metrodetroit/aikey, anything that we can do to help bring awareness to CHD and help families during the difficult time of planning, surgery and recovery.

I'm extremely excited about this organization. http://www.itsmyheart.org/ 
I've joined the walk committee and we are planning the 2011 walk for CHD awareness. ( I'm sure you will be hearing more about that in the future. ) 

I will surly post pictures of Gavin soon. 
All the Best,
Esther

No comments: